making a router table (update)

A few weeks back there was a thread regarding making a router table. Finally finished mine and very pleased with it ........... I took all of the tips ... made a 1" MDF top, laminated it with Formica, edged with oak. Bought a Trend Router Insert Plate ... and set that into table.

Had been looking for a 2nd hand Router for this for some time ... my current router not quite as powerful as would be ideal in a table ... where large bits may be used.

I had been looking at DeWalt, Makita & Bosch. .............. then after several weeks searching - as luck would have it was offered a Trend T11 at

1/3 of new price.

Reason for this post is that if others are looking to build a table .. the T11 is the 'dogs spheroids' ............. not only is it a superb 2000W machine with excellent reputation .... but has a full range fine adjuster (in addition to stand 3 turret adjustable depth.)

The adjuster handle allows as fine adjustment as you want (0.1mm easily) ..... and the BIG plus is you can use same handle through the top of the table when router is inverted .... i.e. the same as the expensive Router raiser jigs (£300 plus)

So if you want to build table and want the best for it look for a 2nd hand T11.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

That sounds excellent, does the handle that you insert through the top come separately from the router?

Reply to
Housemartin