Making a ping-pong table

At £189 for a ready-made one, it hardly seems worth the effort;
http://www.prosportuk.com/detail/5/42/385
Although I suppose £1.2M for a house big enough to have a games room to keep it in might be excessive... :o)
--
"Please try to understand, the one you call Messiah is a lie."
[email me at huge huge (dot) org <dot> uk]

I think that something like a ping-pong table will get a vast amount of play, whereas an air-hockey table won't (maybe I'm wrong, maybe air-hockey won't quickly pall as an entertainment).
In that case, you need to get as much fun out of the air-hockey table as possible, and building it seems like a good way.
Daniele

It must be possible to buy a sheet of whatever, ready pierced ...?
I somehow doubt that every single Chinese sweatshop that makes air hockey tables does all its own drilling. ;-)
On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 07:36:49 -0500, Jules

Woodworm. That would solve your problem.
--
Frank Erskine

Jules wrote:

Ive played on 19mm chipboard and 12mm ply. Ply is a nicer surface.
You don't want a thin skin over a foam core or anything like it. Kills the bounce.
A bit of a frame is enough to prevent sag.