Mains Water Pressure. What is "typical"?

They'll tell you to turn the pressure down by partially closing the stoptap, which is what you should have done before buying a regulator.

HTH

Reply to
Phil L

Phil L wibbled on Sunday 06 December 2009 22:55

I don;t think they will - see my other reply...

Reply to
Tim W

so you went to the same school of plumbing as TMH?

Reply to
Mark

The static presure will burst equiment not rated to 10 bar. You NEED a PRV.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Doctor Drivel wibbled on Monday 07 December 2009 00:29

Sometimes the man speaks sense - and this is one such occasion :)

Reply to
Tim W

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

In message , Doctor Drivel writes

One for the archives there ...

Reply to
geoff

Doctor Drivel wibbled on Monday 07 December 2009 00:42

Not a plantpot then?

Reply to
Tim W

That's a good point on hoses.

The "spur" to my outside taps is upstream of the pressure regulator.

It's a real hassle replacing hose connectors all the time (because they get blown off). ....and have had one "burst".

Reply to
Vortex5

Much the same for washing machine hoses, but lower pressures. In the rare case of a machine that uses hot fill from a combi, the hose will be full of hot water when the filling ceases and mains pressure on a hot hose...!

A few years ago I installed a Miele and that hose was much higher rated than standard ones.

Reply to
PeterC

It depends what page his Ladybird Book Of Insults is randomly opened to.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

ARWadsworth wibbled on Monday 07 December 2009 10:04

Ah, the book with 3 pages:

Plantpot Idiot And something about blokes in dresses...

Reply to
Tim W

Mine blew a watering computer to bits. Luckily I got a new one from the shop for free. I had to fit a pressure regulator to stop the new one breaking. Of course turning the stop tap down as suggested earlier would have resulted in another blown up watering computer.

Reply to
dennis

And which pages haven't been chewed (or otherwise soiled).

Reply to
Jules

Spoke to the South East Water today. "that sounds very high" they said.

An investigation is in progress.

Reply to
Vortex4

Where does that rank against being called a plant pot then?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Fantastic to hear from you Maxie! How is the Paddy band going? You do play to many drunken audiences? People like you make this world go round and are a breath of fresh air. You really are. I hope you have stopped swearing at people in the street and have a handle on the flatulence. Fantastic Maxie. Truly fantastic.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

As well.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Dave wibbled on Monday 07 December 2009 16:46

Well, I feel aggrieved. Not special enough to get a proper name.

Have you noticed Drivel's creativity is down the pan of late. Must be the new pills...

Reply to
Tim W

Rare??????

With these sorts of pressures, it is best to have cold fill only. Most washing machines are these days. Cold 30C washing liquid is very good. The have a 1/4 turn tap under the sink at the front so the machine is turned off after each wash, or have a remote operated water tap, available from S/fix and the likes. Just hit he switch and the cold is off.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel