magnaclean ch filter

Hello,

Whilst browsing the old posts, I found some people recommending the magnaclean filter and others saying they were a waste of time and you should treat the cause not the symptom. What is the consensus now? Are they worth having? Are they just a magnet that the sludge sticks to? What is the bets price for one? Despite having Fernox inhibitor in my system, I did find some black in the water I drained when removing a radiator for decorating recently.

Thanks.

Reply to
Fred

This is better:

On the CH return to the boiler fit this filter:

enough to buy.

grabs all the crud and magentite and protects the boilers heat exchangers.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

The CORGI bloke installing my new boiler more or less insisted I had a Magnaclean. He knows his stuff & I've known him for years so I said go ahead.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

If they are so essential, why aren't they already fitted to system boilers

- or supplied for use with others?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Alpha boilers have an integral cyclone filter on the return. They are not essential for makers as not having one may reduce the life of a boiler.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel