Lumiance Concord Spotline Track lighting

I bought some of this today at a car boot sale for a knock-down price, and am trying to work out the spec!

It is an expensive-looking track system which takes plug-in spot light units - each of which consists of a transformer and a holder for a 12v halogen bulb. The bulbholders say Max 50 watts - but there's no rating on the transformer bit! The plug-in units appear to be of several different vintages, and say "Mk 16 LT9008" or "Mk 14 LT8228" or "Mk 14 LT8224".

Are there any proud owners of similar equipment out there who can shed any light on what these numbers mean? Since the lampholders are integrated with the transformers it seems likely that the transformers are rated for 50 watts - but I'm not 100% certain.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Owned by Sylvania Lighting (Now SLI-Lighting)

Strangely Lumiance and Concord are now across 2 different ranges (Lumiance, or Concord:Marlin) Looking here

I cannot find the range. So I assume its an old range. I would try contacting them directly.

Contacts » United Kingdom Lumiance For General Information:

Lumiance Avis Way, NEWHAVEN, East Sussex BN9 0ED

T 0870 2410 802 F 0870 2410 803 snipped-for-privacy@sylvania-lighting.com

Reply to
Tim Morley

Thanks - that's useful. There was a leaflet with one of the tracks, giving a Malmesbury address (and a pre-'ONE-day' phone number!) but I can't find them in Malmesbury using Directory Enquiries. I'll send an email to the above address.

Thanks again.

Reply to
Roger Mills

No worries, I recognised the name as my brother works for SLI, (No not the same "deparment")

Reply to
Tim Morley

Early halogen bulbs were only 50 watts IIRC.

Rotaflex Concord - if it's the same company - used to sell superbly made stuff that lasts forever. Probably why they're not around now?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Indeed. Somewhere I've got a Rotaflex lighting catalogue from the

1960's, and there's no one making such high quality lighting today. Merchant Adventurers was another excellent make from that era. My parents still have some fittings from these companies which must be 40 years old, and still in the same condition as when brand new. They certainly weren't cheap at the time though.
Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

It should be ok to use 50 watt lamps, then? In fact, if the transformers are electronic, they may not like running at a lower load than this - such as

20W or 35W. I've emailed the company for information - but am not expecting a reply on a bank holiday!

There's no mention of 'Rotaflex' on the stuff I've got - just 'Lumiance', 'Concord' and 'Spotline'.

In case anyone recognises it, here is a photo of a bit a track plus one of the integrated transformer/bulb-holder units.

Roger Mills

Ah - if electronic transformers ignore the 'early halogen bulbs' bit.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)