Lucky escape

En el artículo , Harry Bloomfield escribió:

Maybe Owain's fallen prey to the local knicker-sniffer.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

The sort of area where shops like this exist.

Noticed it on a journey to visit to the Waterside Museum a couple of years back.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Laziness.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

A few poeple I know have the washing machine in the kitchen but have tumble drier only for use as a last resort and it lives in an outhouse or shed, so as well not as being used as much as the washing machine there is probably less panic if the tumble drier starts to emit smoke in a brick outhouse rather than under a kitchen worktop.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

1 foot to the tumble drier. 30 ft to 'outside' and then the piigeons shit on it.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In the case of my Brother and his Wife it is time, Self employed he works 12 to 14 hours most days either for clients or managing his woodland, chickens etc. His wife is up at 6 to cook or prepare the meal for that night and do her stint with the chickens and dogs, drives to work 10 miles away for

8 am and leaves after 5 , she then spends and hour or so attending the needs of her geriatric father including fetching his washing back most days after that. Having accepted the governments and everybody elses shilling and got some solar panels in just before the rate got dropped from around 45p so got a good deal on them they have no qualms about using the electric produced in the day and putting the stuff into a washer drier and setting the timer before work so it is just finishing when one of them returns home . And it is predictable ,no getting up even earlier to spend 20 minutes hanging washing to find it gets rained on mid afternoon.

The machine is in an outhouse separate from the dwelling .

Here we haven't even got one, I don't like clothes that have been tumble dried as they never seem as fresh as wind dried ones and find those artificial scents that are supposed to make clothes have an odour like a spring meadow more reminiscent of an oil refinery.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Arnold Lane comes to mind ....

And using a tumble dryer is far more expensive than that putting nthe clothes on the wahing line. Down sides are rain, bird shit, bone fires and perves nicking underwear.

Reply to
whisky-dave

The neighbourhood's average income may be falling!

House prices may fall!!

Exterminate!!! Exterminate!!!

Reply to
Robin

Well if you must peg out your collection of used underwear what do you expect :)

Reply to
alan_m

Only at night, though.

Reply to
Bob Eager

En el artículo , damduck- snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk escribió:

^That. +1

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

And even more likely have no outside space at all.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The only logical conclusion is that water somehow got inside the machine, tripped the RCD and when you unplugged it you found a plug fault that would later have tripped the RCD. What ever water was inside the machine had dried off by the time you replaced the plug.

Nice to see that lady luck (AKA an RCD) was on your side.

Reply to
ARW

The plug fault was on another appliance.

Pah! My house has fuses.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Is that the hovel with no hot running water, 11 cats and several parrots? The stinking hovel where you cannot afford to buy disinfectant? Come along Hucker, tell us all about the fuses in your house.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

'Fake Britain'BBC 1 had an item on fake fuses last week.Showed video of exactly what you describe.

Reply to
fred

Perhaps one of our own pervs would say if they get pleasure sniffing freshly laundered knickers?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I have always assumed they are slightly differnt type of perves. As I'm not sure if freshly laundered knickers would smell much differnt to freshly laundered socks, I have seen women sniffing their washing even on a ds on the TV, and have heard women are good at sniffing baby shit it helps them bond with their new sprog, and helps them itentify it from others. Weird way to ID a kid, why not just stick a barcode on them or get them mic rochiped ?

Perhaps women are differnt from men dispite all the PC equality crap.

Reply to
whisky-dave