Low voltage Connectors & transformers-sourcing

Can anyone tell me the best place to purchase a 240 - 12V Electronic transformer for a reading light above the bed. One of a matching pair so am reluctant to buy 2 new lights if the transformer can be replaced cheaply.

Also, the " connector" that the two prongs of the 12v halogen plugs into is not making great contact and I would also like to replace this..the low voltage wires stick into one side of it and the prongs from the bulb stick into the other side..Its a little white disc about

2 cm across and about 1.5 cm deep. It appears to be made of ceramic.

I cant find these anywhere locally in Edinburgh..Any suggestions as to online suppliers

Thanks

Ged

Reply to
Ged

cpc.co.uk do the fitting min order 5 off.. or i can supply one for £2.50 incl p&p

would ne a pic of light to advise on transformer.

remove NOSPAM for direct email address.

Reply to
biscuit

In message , Ged wrote

Possibly not the cheapest but I just happen to have a catalogue in front of me :)

Reply to
Alan

In message , biscuit writes

500W jobbie ...
Reply to
geoff

In message , Alan writes

RS, Farnell, Maplin, CPC ...

Reply to
geoff

"Ged" wrote | Can anyone tell me the best place to purchase a 240 - 12V | Electronic transformer for a reading light above the bed. | One of a matching pair so am reluctant to buy 2 new lights | if the transformer can be replaced cheaply.

Any DIY or electrical place will have a range, for various values of best and cheap, including Maplin

| Also, the " connector" that the two prongs of the 12v halogen plugs | into is not making great contact and I would also like to replace | this..the low voltage wires stick into one side of it and the prongs | from the bulb stick into the other side..Its a little white disc about | 2 cm across and about 1.5 cm deep. It appears to be made of ceramic.

If the bulb is 35mm across it's probably G4 base - Maplin KJ77J If the bulb is 50mm across it's probably GX5.3 base - Maplin VJ11M

If it happens to be G6.3 then Maplin KH72P

| I cant find these anywhere locally in Edinburgh..

Maplin, 126 Dalry Rd, near Somerfield. Tel 313-5551. Parking behind shop.

Owain

Reply to
Owain