Looking for suppliers of clamps, latches, etc.

I'm after some latches (maybe toggle clamps or similar) for various uses out of doors (cupboard doors, chicken house, sheds, etc) and I;m having little luck in finding anything suitable at all.

I've tried the usual Screwfix, Toolstation, CPC, Farnell, etc. and have not found anything like what I'm after. I either want some big[gish] toggle latches (much bigger than Screwfix or CPC have) or maybe some sort of elastic loop and hook arangement.

Can anyone suggest suppliers of this sort of thing?

Reply to
tinnews

Can I take this opportunity to nominate the traditional rabbit-hutch latch:

the poorest piece of design one is likely to encounter?

Why is it so perfectly balanced when it so obviously needs a bias so gravity tends to keep the door latched?

Reply to
Graham.

Isaac Lord ?

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Anne summers?

NT

Reply to
NT

ironmongerydirect.co.uk?

Reply to
s0lstice

Something like

--

Reply to
dennis

Flight case suppliers..Adam Hall?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

They seem to stock all the same sorts of things I can find elsewhere that I don't want. They have the standard suffolk/norfolk latches and 'automatic' gate latches but I can't see anything much else. They do have one possibly useful toggle fastener:-

I'm really after something like this in stainless steel and/or with rubber/elastic parts.

Reply to
tinnews

Same as Isaac Lord, a few toggle latches (called Cabinet Case Latches) but nothing in stainless steel or really suitable for outside doors.

Reply to
tinnews

that's the sort of thing I have in mind, thanks for the link. They're a little pricey but not too bad I guess.

Reply to
tinnews

All indoor stuff I think.

Reply to
tinnews

Boat chandlers? Bring the big chequebook!

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I'm sure I've bought such things in the past from RS

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin