Looking for recommendation for well thermally insulated hot water tank manufacturer

I am looking for recommendations for hot water cylinder manufacturers that offer products with good insulation. I want that because it's to be heated by electricity and I probably won't use enough power to justify economy [ha ha!] rate.

I am also curious to know how powerful the heater element can be? Can I have a rating as high as an electric shower might be, like 9kW?

Reply to
Jo

Couldn't you just fit two immersion heaters - one through the top and another near the base of the cylinder (as long as it doesn't foul any indirect coil)?

Then set the thermostats appropriately...

Okay, there must be a catch... over to the more knowledgable folks.

Mungo

Reply to
Mungo Henning

Although I've heard of immersions of > 3kW power, I've heard more frequently of installing several standard heaters into the same cylinder. Obviously, you'll have install a hefty cable back to the consumer unit and ensure that switching and protection arrangements are adequete. I'd imagine that a contactor would be required if you want any sort of timer action on them, although a 45A DP switch should do for simple functional switching, if you want to heat 24/7. Their internal thermostats are adequete for temperature control, but make sure they have a manual reset overheat stat. Not all of them do.

You might want to consider using low noise versions. 3 standard immersions would sound like Concorde taking off.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle