Looking for bathroom scales that actually ARE accurate!!

A suggestion rather than a recommendation (I bought the 8964U model for the first aid room at work).

WeightWatchers 8962U. I don't know if they are Class 3, but they do have a 10 year guarantee.

Looked at a few websites. These seem to be the cheapest

- some online sellers have 'graded stock' with a 12 month guarantee.

Why don't these websites be upfront about their post/packing charges? On some websites you have give your name/address before getting to the part of the checkout that tells you the p/p charges.

The 8964U has 4 load cells so *should* be more repeatable.

Ebay £21 inc postage for a "graded" one

not wrap - try

Barry Smith

I disagree.

I carried out a simple test to see whether that was happening or not.

I took two handy objects and weighed them separately using kitchen scales. Results: loo roll 140g, vase 966g.

I then weighed just myself (80.60) then myself with the loo roll (80.80) then with the vase (81.55) then with both (81.75) and then with neither (80.60).

Clearly trickery of the sort you describe wasn't taking place.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

In article , Eusebius writes

I personally think that's being a bit neurotic. If I want to lose, I knock off the sweets. No choccies, no sweets, no cheesy starters, refuse sweets and choccies at work (our uni dept. is terrible for people passing tins of sweets around), etc., one pint at lunch instead of three, etc.

But then, I think everyone has to find their own 'level', and over time it all works itself out. Anyone who expects to work it off quick for a party on Saturday, starting on the Monday, is living in cloud-cuckoo land.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

In article , Timothy Murphy writes

It's almost certainly a tiny switch near the battery compartment. The moment you find it you'll be slapping your forehead.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

And the older you get, the more difficult it gets :-((

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I have been using Tanita digital scales for a decade plus and they are very accurate. I tested the accuracy with measuring weights before purchase. The readings are consistent rather than varying.

Reply to
Matthew Wai

I've been happy with these: "Weight Watchers 8987U Designer Precision Electronic Scale"

Reply to
unknown

I'm told the Jenkins ones sold by amazon are accurate, was thinking of getting them as they also talk. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

When I squat down so I'm close enough to the dial to read it I'm sure the reading changes. Problem is, my binoculars can't see past my stomach :(

jgh

Reply to
jgh

In message , snipped-for-privacy@mdfs.net writes

Careful selection of an appropriate cork floor tile can lose nearly 1kg on mine.

Spring scales are useless on carpet but I guess you all know that:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

A Mettler balance is a whole lot better than a two-pan balance. It can measure differences of one ten-millionth of a gram. I don't know if anyone makes a Mettler balance suitable for weighing a person, but they should. Two pan balances are inaccurate because the beam changes in length with temperature (and other faults). Spring balances are just horribly inaccurate.

Reply to
Matty F

Good for you. Perhaps you'd like to accept this gift of a chocolate watch.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

You're not supposed to shit on the scales.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I got some of those, but I got rid of them because all they kept saying was 'one at a time please'.

Reply to
Farmer Giles

But you can scrape it off and lose a couple of lbs. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I have one where the LCD reader can be removed from the scales and mounted on the wall - or simply hand held. Wireless link between it and the base.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I was going to do that one but thought better of it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

heonlinephot-20

We have a set of German digital scales, the name escapes me, and my procedu re is to weigh myself 3 times, one after the other. If the first two weigh- ins agree I'm happy. If not I go the third time and take the likeliest read ing. Unfortunately the weight usually increases as I go along. When on a di et I weigh myself every day and plot the results in a spreadsheet. Sad, but it works.

Reply to
fred

I think that you were probably wise to do so!

Reply to
Farmer Giles

Even if they could, they would still add their own weight to the reading.

Reply to
Dave W