Looking for a particular spacer - bright ideas?

I'm looking for spacers, about 1/2 inch diameter, circular. 1/8th inch thick with a central hole to clear a 6BA bolt, so roughly 1/10th inch.
Material to be smooth and reasonably friction free, so not rubber, but plastic, nylon, brass, ali or something similar.
Any bright ideas? something commercially available? I've searched eBay using countless terms, but the hole is usually too big, and I don't want to sleeve. There must be something out there designed for something I haven't thought of.
--
Graeme

On 22/08/16 09:53, News wrote:

Well yes and no.
There are a lot of model wheels and pulleys that sort of fit the bill but nothing without modification
OTOH this is not a hard thing to make.
From 1/8" plastic sheet.
Basically drill holesin some rough squares, bolr them together in a stack, mount in drill chuck, mount drilling vice, spin and sand till circular.
A lathe makes it even easier: 1" round bar in chuck, drill and then part off 1/8" sections..
Obviously since we do not know the actual use I am tempted to that the mechanical stability of anything turning on a 6BA bolt is not going to be very good at all, hence the lack of washers of the needed type. I was thinking about some engineering company who punches holes out of ally, the bits punched out with some work and a hole drilled might fit the bill if several were used together.
You say no sleeves, but in my experience, some kind of large chunky boss shaped lump of brass for the centre and less robust washers around that might be easier to source. Brian
--
----- -
On Monday, August 22, 2016 at 9:59:02 AM UTC+1, News wrote:

I made something similar for use on a pin hinge. Hole cutter of the rrequired diameter and a drill bit for he centre. I had some scrap polycarbonate sheeting which I used.
On 22-Aug-16 9:53 AM, News wrote:

It depends how close a fit you want on the 6BA bolt. M3 is slightly larger, so M3 x 12mm mudguard washers might have the right diameters, but you would need a stack of four to get the thickness.

Colin Bignell

Thanks for all the suggestions. I was trying to avoid making something, mainly because I'd bollox it. Having said that, they don't actually need to be circular, and I have some scrap 1/8th perspex which may suffice, cut into 1/2 inch squares.
Colin's suggestion is perfect. I knew someone would suggest something I hadn't thought about. M3 12mm mudguard washers, 1mm thick is great, because I can experiment with thickness using 2, 3 or possibly 4 at a time. I have ordered a pack of 10 at ?1.38 including postage.
Cheers!
--
Graeme

Not helpful to you but I use short lengths of blue poly water pipe for spacing such things as trellis from brickwork etc.
--
Tim Lamb

A useful future tip though :-)
--
Graeme

On 22/08/16 13:32, News wrote:

In my Yoof old wooden cotton reels dipped in creosote...ah. them were the days.
--
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign,
that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."

In my yoof old wooden cotton reels were used to make tanks :-)
--
Graeme

On 22/08/16 16:16, News wrote:

There were enough left over for that, too.
Today, who even owns a sewing machine?
let them."

Wifey does! However, just to prove that it is not always us blokes who put off jobs, we have a pair of curtains in a spare bedroom that have been pinned along the hem for at least ten years. She'll run 'em through the machine, one day.
--
Graeme

On 22-Aug-16 4:28 PM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I still have one - foot treadle powered.

Colin Bignell
On Monday, 22 August 2016 16:28:44 UTC+1, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

My wife.
writes

I do and plenty I know do too.

Mine too!

--
Tim Lamb

On Monday, 22 August 2016 16:20:16 UTC+1, News wrote:

Ah yes. Plus elastic band, nail, match stick, lolly stick and a bit of candle.

And penknife so you could cut notches in the flanges to improve the *climbing obstacles* performance.
--
Tim Lamb

On Mon, 22 Aug 2016 12:14:22 +0100, Tim Lamb wrote:

I 'rescued' some 15mm white water pipe from next door's garden - woudn't use it for mains as it had been outside for years - and use that for spacers. Needed to space off some 40mm waste pipe on a tapering gap and the 15mm was handy ;-)
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
On 22-Aug-16 11:18 AM, News wrote:

That's an extraordinary business model. The business owner is taking say 10p worth of product, packing it and posting it for say 60p, and paying ebay or amazon about 10-20p. Leaving say 50p profit to pay for labour and overheads. Somebody must be working awfully hard to make a living.