Looking for a moulding

Yes, but timber merchants rather than sheds or BMs. You're more likely to find it in a posh area where big front doors are the norm

For exterior, probably not a good idea. The smaller the section, the quicker it rots

Very expensive for one door, and you're not trying to match anything exactly.

Doesn't matter what the moulding is called. Sounds like depth is the key dimension for you, so just look for something close.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

LOL...Just because the original was made in Imperial doesn't mean you have to measure it now in that .LOL

Building the moulding from more than one piece might well be more interesting when you only have one door to do but luckily the moulding I have fitted my doors and I had 9 door sides to do ,each with 4 panels ( 16 mitres to each door).

I reckon you should use a "near enough" moulding like the one I suggested and slip a thin piece of wood beneath to give you the correct depth of the recessed part. No point in giving yourself unnecessary work or causing you additional expense.

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

16b Whytecliffe Rd South Purley Surrey CR8 2AU Tel: 020 8668 0332

Their catalogue shows 21 bolections.

Toby

Reply to
Toby Sleigh

Great, thanks Toby. They are faxing me the bolection moulding pages of their catalogue. Fingers crossed something will be usable...

Reply to
misteruncalledfor