Long Pole Painting

It might be worth asking your council. Here (Cambridge) the city council will remove any graffiti that are visible from places where the public can see it.

Robert

Reply to
Robert Laws

I am the man from the Council in this case. We do remove huge amounts of graffiti. Under the Clean Neighbourhoods Act we can require the railway company to remove it but that takes weeks and it will probably be back again very soon. We are after a cheap and quick way of painting over it so we can do it lots of times until the persons doing it give up. A cherry picker and staff, at night, doing it weekly is expensive. There are other actions in place to prevent it but not successfully so far.

Reply to
.

Could you issue a public-spirited local person with a catapult and a bucket of ballast, and catch the perpetrators in the act?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

The message from "." contains these words:

PIR operated sprinklers?

Reply to
Guy King

Would it be practical to build a scaffolding footbridge alongside the railway bridge? It would, almost certainly, make the job of the graffiti artist easier, but your blokes could turn up early next morning and paint over the graffiti at minimal cost. In the long run, you would win.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

"nightjar .uk.com>"

Thinking further about that, if you put scaffolding up about 8 feet away from the bridge, it probably wouldn't be much use to the graffiti artist, but you wouldn't need to find such a long pole for the roller.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

nightjar "nightjar .uk.com>" news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

Surely the Council could close the road for fifteen minutes and use a painter on stilts. Does the Moscow state circus still visit this country? ;-)

Reply to
PJ

I presume this stuff would wash off easily. Is there a permanent paintball for mean people?

NT

Reply to
meow2222

work out te cost of scaffolding..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The council should have cherry pickers running round the streets anyway, dealing with street lighting etc. The marginal cost of it stopping for ten minutes and one of the street-lighting people[1] painting out the graffiti should be minimal.

Owain

[1] Obviously they'd need a risk assessment, health and safety induction, application of viscous pigments to vertical surfaces training, and a special responsibility payment.
Reply to
Owain

The guns were invented as a way of marking cattle without having to catch and brand them, so the original paint had to be permanent. The stuff used for sport is based on food colouring IIRC.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

idea if this window cleaning pole system could be adapted to your requirements - but it's certainly long enough.

Reply to
Alan Lynas