Long hose for Hoover Aquamaster - or dust extractor needed.

Hi,

I got one of the above (barrel type wet and dry vacuum cleaner) to be dust extractor for a Makita orbital sander (other power tools). Here is an example of the standard hose pipe:

(this shows the fittings for the pipe for washing carpets ... please ignore those).

The pipe is not long enough and I am contemplating if I can find the screw "nut" and a length of pipe before I worry about attachments for connecting to tools. Around 3-4 meters of pipe would be good.

Nut thread measures around 62mm probably 2.5". Flexible Pipe (measuring from the outside) approx. 36mm on the inner grooves, 40mm on the outer.

Any ideas of sources for what I need?

Alternatively any small vacuum/dust extractor that comes recommended for odd DIY jobs? By the time I pay to get all the stuff which may or may not work I have to consider buying something that does the job.

TIA Charles

Reply to
Charles

I find a couple of short lengths of 34 and 40 mm waste pipe, and some gaffer tape will allow most hoses to be interfaced to most tools with some combination of inserting, pushing on, taping, or "building up" (with tape).

Reply to
John Rumm