Loft ladder question: wood vs. aluminium

The main reason I wanted a wooden loft ladder was they are more pleasant to handle after they have been in an unheated loft on a cold winters night.

Henry

Reply to
Henry

|> Ok, I'm living in a shoe-box new-build home, with buggerall storage, = so=20 |> the loft space appealed to me for storing empty boxes and whatnot* | |I can understand the what not but why empty boxes???=20

June is an Avon Lady so we get several boxes every three weeks. They = have been the same size for years, both stackable, and the right size/weight for a woman or OAP to handle. People in the know ask for them, so few are thrown away without re-use at least once. =20

|Our whatnots include a=20 |dolls house, stores of leather and fabric, tents and camping equipment, = some=20 |weird historical equipment (used sometimes), spinning wheel, slabs of=20 |beeswax, honey jars, moulds, ceramics and other things made by student=20 |children in the past which they'll eventually want (I hope), ... and=20 |probably all the things we can never find until we think of looking in = the=20 |loft ...

Yes well our loft is full, of junk in Avon Boxes, as well :-(

--=20 Dave Fawthrop

17,000 free e-books at Project Gutenberg!
Yorkshire Dialect go to
Dave Fawthrop

I'd imagine the hatch opening will need to be enlarged as it's quite small and square at the moment. One of those jobs in the "can't quite be arsed" category below the many others! I suppose it wouldn't really be brain surgery, but I've never really looked into expanding the hole and I don't have that many fine woodworking tools to cut the joints for a new surround, etc.

I've got a week coming up soon with the wife & infant away ... plan to strip & redecorate the kitchen & bathroom. Think that's ambitious enough for now! Garage also needs clearing, painting and "sorting" plus the loft could do with stripping & re-insulating plus some flooring in patches. So yeah, a loft ladder would be nice ... :(

al

You're not going to get all that done propoerly in a week, especially without someone to see to your bodily comforts.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

You can buy a pair of very cheap slippers.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher