Loft ladder - limited height in loft and small hatch

I've been asked to fit a loft ladder for someone who has a hatch 65cm squar e and limited height in the loft of 65cm to store the ladder.
Looks like we need a concertina one or a telescopic one.
Anyone any experience of telescopic ones? They seem to be about £200. I reckon concertina ones aren't as good as they tend to bounce up and down as you use them which can be unnerving!

Seems reasonable sort of space. Ours is telescopic It pivots flat as you push it up into the loft so no great height needed.
--
bert

On 14/02/2020 14:19, Murmansk wrote:

I've climbed hundreds of loft ladders. With no prior knowledge of their safety I always bounce up and down and sway about violently whilst still on a low rung.
Bill
I generally feel all ladders should have a warning appended to them, no disco or break dancing on higher rungs. Bit like peanut butter containers having may contain nut products on the side. Brian
--
----- --
On 14/02/2020 15:02, williamwright wrote:

Which part of your anatomy is doing that though ?.
On 14/02/2020 15:55, Andrew wrote:

All of it, in perfect and elegant synchronisation.
Bill

65cm is the space between the floor of the loft and the beam above, having looked at the spec of ordinary 3 part loft ladders they need 75cm of headroom but once fully parked they probably only take up about 30cm in height.
On Friday, 14 February 2020 15:02:54 UTC, williamwright wrote:

quare and limited height in the loft of 65cm to store the ladder.

00. I reckon concertina ones aren't as good as they tend to bounce up and d own as you use them which can be unnerving!

Even ones that seem fine when stood on can still turn out to be a total haz ard.
I have a concertina one, had it for over 20 years. Still OK but at first I was a bit distrustful since it does feel squishy even with the catches engaged. I would say though that you need quite a bit of effort to concertina it and hook it back in the right place or it can come and hit you on the head. However I guess if its only going to be used by fit tradesmen or whatever its fine. Lofts are filthy places, so no matter what you do just opening the hatch filed the landing with grit dead spiders and almost anything else it seems. Brian
--
----- --

Murmansk wrote:

Mine is a sliding 3-section aluminium, it pivots flat as it raises through the hatch, don't suppose it exceeds 65cm height (don't think I've ever been in loft with the ladder "up" though), provided you have the room for it to lay more or less flat

Is 65 cm the maximum storage height or the maximum headroom? Many ladders need to extend vertically above the hatch by almost the length of one section as they are being pushed up, before then pivoting so they are horizontal.
On 14/02/2020 18:38, NY wrote:

Not the one I have. the three sections drop down and then are extended. Ther headroom is just to allow them to be rotated up through the hatch
65cm is a bit optimistic. Id say 800mm
twenty-first century’s developed world went into hysterical panic over a
On 14/02/2020 18:15, Andy Burns wrote:

Ditto here.
Works well.