Loft insulation.

Hi,

Our loft is well insulated on the floor but as usual has just roofing felt on the pitches. We would like to use it for storage the problem is that in the winter it is extremely cold and in the summer very hot. The extremes of temp are just too much. I was thinking about insulating part of the roof pitch from the apex down but wasnt sure whether this would just make the situ worse. Also its quite a big roof space so whatever happens it must be cost effective. Anybody any suggestions? (I was thinking of stapling baking foil in strips across the rafters but wasnt sure...)

Thanks, Matthew

Reply to
Matthew

Cheap phenolic board from Seconds and Co. I just did half of our loft (and will get around to the other half, honest) using 25mm Kingspan that I had left over from doing the shed. =A35 a sheet for 8'x4'.

-- Rob

Reply to
Rob Hamadi