loft boards

hi can any one tell me ware i can get hold of second hand loft boards as looking to floor my loft and on a very tight budget thanks

Reply to
markrobo11

A few options.

Second hand boards from reclaim places may not be that inexpensive if they have "character". In some areas there is a ready market with people willing to pay well for them.

Quite often, though demolishers simply burn them, although you could look around demolition contractors.

You can get chipboard flooring panels for lofts from DIY places. Convenient but relatively expensive per sqm. On the other hand, this is a nice Easter project and you may find at least one of the sheds has a deal on them.

Take a look also at builders merchants. Sheets of flooring grade chipboard (2440x1220) are not that expensive and you can cut them before hauling them into the loft. It is heavy, though.

Sometimes small timber yards have excess of material (incorrect order or delay in sale) and want to offload. Try local places - especially the independents.

Don't pay the asking price. Negotiation is always possible.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Recently I had several packs of these spare and nobody wanted them. I had to almost bribe the binmen to take 'em away :-)

I'd only used a few panels - I have so much ju^H^H stuff in the loft that I couldn't be arsed to move it all to fit most of the panels...

Reply to
Frank Erskine