LiveCams

Neat! Bet that not one council run equivalent has cameras up to "help" the customers...?

Reply to
Jimk

What would be handy during these times would be livecams that were popular at one time (are they still?).

Placed where there might be a queue, outside the DIY sheds for example (keeping it almost on topic).

Would be nice to have a look before setting off.

Reply to
R D S

My local tip has introduced cameras so that you can see the size of the queues before you set off.

alan_m

not cameras, and more for supermarkets than diy sheds when I tried it, but see Crowdless App

Reply to
Andy Burns

There are quite a few around - I can see how busy some places are quite easily. But finding the webcams is a nightmare. There are so many sites which are there just to act as clickbait, webcams that haven't worked in years, ones so poor you can't effectively see anything, etc.

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

R D S pretended :

+1
Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

That seems to work for several local places around here, it gives a percentage of crowdedness and whether they are open. I wonder how they assess the number of customers?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

I think the supermarkets already have footfall trackers*, seems crowdless are tapping into that data, plus users of the app can crowdsource some datapoints for them

[*] why do you think the stores offer free wifi, and had (have?) bluetooth beacons ...
Reply to
Andy Burns