Little foot energy saving shower widget - any good?

I picked up one of these water/energy saving packs at Sainsburys today:

has a "Water widget" which claims to "Save =A3100 on your utility bills". There is no justification for that figure of =A3100 the website. I've fitted it and there is no noticeable difference to the shower flow. Since I have a combi boiler I presume the water will heat up more quickly. Or will the cold sucked-in air make the water colder?

Has anyone fitted one?

Any comments?

It makes a really annoying whistling sound. The missus isn't going to like it.

Reply to
Scrump

Useless site doesn't say what it does. If its a flow restrictor, bad idea, results in connections bursting. If its an aerator, those work.

NT

Reply to
Tabby

Reply to
YAPH

Some shower outlets are designed for minimal pressure only. Add a flow restrictor and the pressure on the shower outlet goes right up, with predictable results sometimes.

NT

Reply to
Tabby