Liquitabs ? (Dissolvable detergent containers)

Anyone know how Liquitabs work? Seem magic to me, or the results of some very clever chemistry....

Reply to
Malcolm Stewart

Aren't they just thin bio-degradable 'plastic'?

Reply to
Jerry

I imagine they are made from gelatin like a cod liver oil capsual for instance.

Do you call your oven a magic box?

Reply to
VisionSet

What I'm getting at is that they clearly contain a (concentrated) liquid detergent, and survive transport etc. and heat (28degC during much of July), and then dissolve during even a very low temperature wash. Why don't they dissolve from the inside outwards?

Reply to
Malcolm Stewart

Because not all things dissolve in all things I guess is the simple answer. pH for instance usually has a big effect on solubility.

-- Mike W

Reply to
VisionSet

"Malcolm Stewart" wrote in news:44e87042$0$1715$ snipped-for-privacy@free.teranews.com:

According to the box they don't survive a misplaced drop of water, so watch it, buster!

mike

Reply to
mike