Liquid DPC

BCO wants the inside of a single leaf wall covered in a liquid damproof compound. Err, what am I looking for here? Tradenames, description of product etc

Hope someone can help.

Did I hear him correctly when he said that if I used treated timber for the stud wall I wouldn't need the liquid DPM on the wall ? Yes, I will phone him but just wanted to bounce it off the wisdon here before looking stupid.

Cheers

Reply to
tzd3sw

Synthaprufe is one trade name. If you go into a builder merchans and ask for that you will get it or an equivalent

Reply to
Mike Taylor

You definitely don't want Synthaprufe in this location IMO. It's a bituminous type paint and will seal in any moisture that finds its way through the wall thus making decay of the timber more likely.

Where in the country are you? Somewhere where rain is likely to drive through the outer skin? Even if so I would rather follow what I understand to be Scottish practice and provide airbricks t&b to ventilate the cavity rather than sealing it

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Tony I may have agreed with you but unfortunately the original poting stated a single leaf wall and not a cavity and I am assuming this will be coated on the inside face allowing the bricks to breath as normal.

Reply to
Mike Taylor

He said "if I used treated timber for the stud wall I wouldn't need the liquid DPM on the wall? " which I took to mean a brick skin/cavity/timber frame wall. I may have misunderstood though.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

I think aquaseal do a product called Hyper UFE or HUFE? It is for tanking and DPM - I think B&Q sell it.

Reply to
Derek