Lighting suppliers

I need some flush fitting ceiling lights at least 17cm in diameter for my kitchen. I cannot find anything suitable at Screwfix, Gibbs & Dandy or John Lewis.

Suggestions for further investigation welcome.

Reply to
Huge

Did you try

?

I noticed a flyer for Bell flush-fitting lights the other day at the electrical wholesalers, but can't find a URL for them I'm afraid.

David

Reply to
Lobster

On 20 Jan 2005 18:25:07 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@ukmisc.org.uk (Huge) strung together this:

My local CEF have some downlighters designed for retrofitting into big holes, they have a big flange! I'm sure others will do them, I can't remember who makes them though.

Reply to
Lurch

Good point, thanks.

(Although their web site will not render in Firefox.)

Reply to
Huge

Not cheap, but boy do they have lighting:

John Rumm

You sure? works fine in Mozilla...

(I would try FF, but the computer with that on, just decided to kill itself again!)

Reply to
John Rumm

Strange, it works ok with Mozilla 1.7.3.

Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

On 20 Jan 2005 21:27:01 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@ukmisc.org.uk (Huge) strung together this:

Check something your end! It works fine in FF here.

Reply to
Lurch

Andy Hall

Strange. Works fine with all three of my RISC OS ones.

I've tried Firefox on the PC card (586) fitted to this machine, but find it slow compared to IE 5.5, which gets me into those sites I can't otherwise access. Hate to actually use an MS product, but in this case it's fine.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I found a decent range at city electrical factors.

17cm is what? 6 1/2"?

That's a luminaire basically in terms of 'wot its called'

Flush fitting is unusual - most are surface mount.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I concur. No problems with FireFox and tlc-direct for me.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Sure am. I was *very* confused initially.

Reply to
Huge

I am running 0.7 on Solaris.

I didn't realise it was that old. I'll download a new one.

Reply to
Huge

Nothing like running a 586 as a PC card on the RPC to see how bloated some of the modern PC browsers really are. To add Java to the latest version of Firefox wasn't possible - I'm restricted to about 30 megs of ROM - and that's not enough. But IE 5.5 works fine. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)