lighting

Hi, I am preparing to replace the ceiling in my Bathroom but nee

alittle advice before I go forward.

Ok I want to put low voltage lighting 1 in each quarter of the ceilin and an extractor in the center which means that 2 lights will be abov my shower and bath so my first question is : Will Zone 1 or IP65 be o for these lights?

I will also need to re-insuate the loft above these lights but I kno low voltage can get pretty hot so my next question is : How can I d this safely?

Thx for any help offered

-- remzone

Reply to
remzone

lol well I guess this forum is a waste of tim

-- remzone

Reply to
remzone

If you expect replies to every single question everyone asks, and within 15 minutes, then yes it is.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

In message , remzone writes

Pass on what is required in the regs. but surely the above the bath is Zone 3? or out of the zones if above 2. whatever meres is says for most bathrooms

I used standard 12V downlighters in most of the bathroom, with some 'sealed' ones with some sort of IP rating over the shower.

Insulation needs to be kept away from them (by whatever amount the instructions say, usually something like 200 mm IIRC from the ones I've put it.. Suggestions here before have been to build a open topped box around the likes, from MDF, ply or whatever, or to use upturned clay flowerpots over them. You can by proper covers for them if you wish I believe.

Reply to
chris French

In message , remzone writes

Well, I've just answered you post, maybe I shouldn't have bothered, sorry to have life.

BTW it's not 'forum' in the sense of web forum, it's newsgroup - uk.d-i-y, which diybanter show to make their site look good :-)

You'd get a better experience, and we'd not have to put up with the broken threads if yuo access it directly using a newsreader.

Reply to
chris French

SELV (i.e. 12V is allowed in Zone 1) choose a fitting designed for this location though.

will have some suitable ones.

By not insulating that particular bit, or using a hood - either a commercial intumescent one, or a terracotta flower pot.

Reply to
John Rumm