Lieberr, I didn't mean it literally

TNP> "The goods associated with this order have not arrived after 22 days.

Please contact with a reasonable excuse, or I will have to seek refunds

Yours etc"

LIEBHERR> "Good Morning

We are very sorry for the delay in getting the parts for you, unfortunately our building had a major fire on the 15th January which meant all stock was lost and we are slowly getting items back in. I will see if we can get these parts expedited for you."

I SUPPOSE that is a reasonable excuse...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yes, but I note you didn't specify a *true* reasonable excuse so if they did likewise.......

Reply to
Robin

In article , The Natural Philosopher writes

An excuse is, 'my goldfish ate my homework'.

If you want to chase a supplier in an non inflamatory way for a non delivery then you need to ask them for a valid _reason_ why the delivery has been delayed.

Reply to
fred

well yes, that had occurred to me..

Its like the time Lorna someone or other at prep school hadn't learn her part in the School Play.

Why?

"The parrot ate my script"!

Sure enough it had pecked the bejasus out of it. I often wondered if it was 'assisted' to do that...

OTOH years and years later a friend had a parrot. It totally destroyed the TV.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Would this be proof enough?

Woodworm

Umm. Yes I think that counts as 'reasonable'.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I suppose that means delays on Miele Fridges & Freezers as well.

(Liebherr make 'em)

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

yes, I believe they do.

BUT that is only the UK Liebherr distro warehouse.

And Miele may have their own.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

On 29 Jan 2014, The Natural Philosopher grunted:

My son gained legendary status in his class at school for using the excuse "the cat peed on it" when asked for his homework...

...whereupon he then produced said homework in a polythene bag. The teacher declined, but did let him off any punishment.

Reply to
Lobster

Sam Plusnet put finger to keyboard:

Heh, the only thing that "Liebherr" means to me is cranes. Was wondering if TNP had ordered one to facilitate his spy-cam-up-a-tree project...

Reply to
Scion

We had a parrot at school in the biology class. It once got out and attacked a tin of green paint overnight and the results were amazing.

A friend had a pet shop and kept back the runt of a litter of parrots (defect in the beak) as his own pet. The thing was fine apart from a tendency to go after these long worms that come out of appliances.

It added several more gaps to its beak before it learnt not to bite through mains cables. Suffered no long term ill effects and lived to a ripe old age (and indeed may still be going) not seen him for ages.

Reply to
Martin Brown

This is quite common. The owners keep the parrot in the living room to one side of the television. They then tend to be the sort of people to only watch the 10 o'clock news, Newsnight, Panorama, etc and the poor old bird, unable to see things squarely, eventually becomes convinced that everything has a left wing bias....

Reply to
Scott M

The Milton Keynes Citizen? What on earth was wrong with calling it Citizen Keyne? I'll get my coat.

Reply to
Scott M

Scott M put finger to keyboard:

Would it then fly in circles?