Letter basket thingy

Trying to find a supplier for those wire baskets with a lift up 'lid' that go on the inside of a letterbox to correct the post.

Anyone know what the correct name is?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Or even collect the post :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

'mail box' seems to work....

these only collect the post. Not sure where you get the super intelligent ones that correct it! :-)

Reply to
Bob Eager

errr...DIY?

Roll of chicken wire and a stapler should see you right!

Reply to
David WE Roberts

bring up also a lot of the more solid sort (for external use) while "letter cage" gave me more of the wire thingies - eg ,

>> although these only collect the post. Not sure where you get the super

I assumed that was the DIY Dave was going to add. Eg coating the wire with quantum entangled computronium driving nanobots?

Reply to
neverwas

brass monkey

In message , The Medway Handyman writes

You're the Medway Chinaman AICMFP

Reply to
geoff

:)

Reply to
Clot

Are you sure you want one? They tend to result in large letters and newspapers being left sticking out of the door and hence liable to be stolen/indicate to burglars that no one's in.

Chris

Reply to
chrisj.doran

Good point! Also, in the extremely clement weather we have just experienced, it could allow a comforting cool blast into the house for a prolonged period of time.

Reply to
Clot

Well spotted, these things are a PITA, never long enough to get a folded A4 'flat' in unless it's the type that has a drop down back in which case you push hard enough and the back drops. Usually it's impossible not to fold the mail so it bends inside because the new draught excluder is so thick and tight everything buckles on impact. While I'm here, draught excluders behind letter boxes, try and get them the same size or larger than the hole, anything smaller will result in concertina mail too :)

/rant

Paul (postman)

Reply to
Paul

Robust enough to take a box of Turbogolds presumably.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Spell checker?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Not ideal, but preferable to the alternative if you have a young dog in the house who gets to the post before you do.

Reply to
pcb1962

Screw letter cage to floor, insert dog.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Blast, is that how you are supposed to use it!

Reply to
Clot

I don't want one at all :-)

Customer in a phone shop wants a letter box & basket in an internal door so that mobiles for repair can be posted. No idea why they can't just open the door, but the customer is always right :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Cos they might not be in perhaps ?

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

is ferzacerly what I was after ta. Never thought of Argos. Cheers

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Forget letter cage but screw dog to the floor ?

Reply to
Usenet Nutter