LED Torch @ Morrisons

Can't say I ever noticed that when I had one clipped to my safety helmet for a lot of years.

Most of us only have two arms

Reply to
Alang

Funnily enough, I wore one on my safety helmet when working underground, and I was well and truly fed up of the glare that resulted. The answer was to take the light off my helmet and shine it on what I was looking at, but from an oblique angle. Result: no glare.

But your mileage may vary (and obviously does!).

Reply to
Bruce

Never had any glare. Sometimes had reflected light

Still only have two arms

Reply to
Alang

Perhaps the light needs to be on a flexible antenna

Reply to
Stuart Noble

An infra red thermometer that read zero at all times, a li-on camera battery that stayed charged for no more than three minutes, a high capacity li-on laptop battery that provided power for a shorter time than the standard battery.

You gets what you pays for...

YMMV

Providing the light with which to take photographs when being pulled on a sledge, through snow, by a dozen huskies, north of the Arctic Circle.

Recommended? You bet!

I use head lights all the time. When you need both hands free to work on something they are ideal for DIY - especially electrical and network wiring. Even simple stuff like getting behind a TV or hifi and plugging in leads. Hand held torches just don't cut it.

Me, and see above.

Reply to
John Rumm

I have one which is. Actually, it's a non-head torch with a flexible stalk, to which I have added a strap as I couldn't buy a head-torch when I needed one. It turns out it's usually best to put the light right in close to my head - as soon as it's anywhere else I find the light gets shadowed by obstructions, whereas if it's near my eyes it shines through the same gap I'm looking through.

Pete

Reply to
Pete Verdon

Next time I intend to do that, I'll buy one.

It could be a very long wait.

But at least I know what they're for. Thanks. ;-)

Reply to
Bruce

All the time? Every waking hour, you mean?

Reply to
Bruce

Miner' s lamps had a main beam and dipped. I used the dipped for working. Never had any problems

Reply to
Alang

They get in the way when snogging, but other than that they are ok ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Moving on from snogging, I suppose they could be useful finding your way around interesting, dark places, or even reading a map. ;-)

Reply to
Bruce

There are several answers to that, but they all lower the tone a little too far even for me ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

You still snog?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Yeah, but I am fussy so you can put the mistletoe down ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

electricians?

Reply to