LED life.

Because of the time of year and possibly slower postage, I've just replaced them with the identical spares I had. Which will at least sort it for some time.

But will get some better spares for next time. Any suggestions for the most reliable supplier? The spec would be 5mm diffused warm white. They don't need to be super efficient or whatever, as power isn't a problem.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I have bought those from Rapid in the very distant past (2700K). Can't recall if they were diffuse or not though. (I have attacked

5mm/3mm LEDs with sandpaper on occasion.)
Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

AT the risk of degrading their longevity due to vibration and if you are intending to use them for what I think then you can make a cylindrical lens by very carefully drilling though the clear plastic of the water clear type to make a spread beam in one dimension.

Expect to trash a few before you get it right. I don't know why makers dont package some in a water clear cylindrical negative lens for diffuse area illumination for side lighting older meter displays.

Reply to
Martin Brown