Leather repair

Have a split in the leather facing of the driver's seat in the old Rover. Found a leather repair kit on Ebay which includes glue, filler and a few other bits - and should be approx the right colour.

tried this product?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Used the kit over the weekend and got quite acceptable results. Would have been better if I had removed the covering and pulled the split tight before applying the reinforcing backing. But there's plenty to do several repairs. Matching the colour took quite a while as you have to let the dye dry before seeing the actual colour. Considering the cost of a pro repair, I'd recommend it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)