leaking radiator

I have a very slight leak near where you bleed the radiator it seems to be slightly round the outer edge.I got stuff last year from B&Q LS-X jointing compound and leak sealer and it did seem to do the trick but its started again ,it is ever so slight.Am I better to scrape it off and start again bleed the radiator or what,it just seemed to start the other day when I turned the radiator up to 4 as it was so cold usually I am on 3.Hope someone can help.Thank you.

Reply to
svmsbb

When you say "round the outer edge" do you mean the edge of the bleed screw or the edge of the radiator . Can't imagine increasing the rad control would make the leak much worse worse . If it is the plug that holds the bleed screw probably better if you drain the water down until it is below the level of the plug...remove it and put it back in again with new ptfe tape . .Might be better if you got a new one first and use that .You'll need a key to remove the plug and refit it .

Reply to
Stuart B

Try

The Medway Handyman

I get on before removing screws,hopefully it will do it for me the easy way.many thanks

Reply to
svmsbb