Easy way to fix a slow leak on radiator pipe joint?

Apologies for not knowing the correct terminology, but the joint on my radiator pipe where it goes into the angled section which connects to the radiator (I really am showing myself up now...) has a slow leak. I have tried both loosening and tightening the nut to no avail, in fact it's made it worse (have I damaged the "olive"?). I completely removed the nut, water spewed forth but I managed to get a load of PTFE tape in there and tighten it up again, but it's just shifted the leak to the bottom of the nut rather than the top.

I've also tried Evo Stik Plumber's Mait - a putty apparently designed for caking on and blocking the leak, but that was a waste of a fiver.

Before more drastic steps are taken, are there any products (tape, glue type material etc) I can try out? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
keiron99

I had the same problem last year and came to the group who suggested LS-X it a jointing compound and leak sealer,it certainly worked for me,I got it from B&Q cant remember the price.It never sets rock hard:joints can easily be undone.Hope this helps.

Reply to
svmsbb

Thanks - I'll drop in at B&Q first thing.

Reply to
keiron99

Fernox leak sealer. Inject it into a rad using a sealant gun - works 100%.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman