lead to copper compression connector

I need to get from lead to copper and it needs to be compression. I see screwfix do one but only 15mm. There are two sizes of lead that need to be converted. The cold main in is equivalent to about 22mm and needs to be

22mm copper out. The hot down from the HWC looks a tad bigger. Can it be bigger or do I need to go and have another look?. Is there only one size of lead pipe? Do I then go up from 15mm to 22mm? What is the internal config of these lead lok connectors and are they idiotproof.? I was looking at a B&Q one the other day and it had an olive and a rubber O ring. Bearing in mind cold water mains pressure, are these to be trusted or do I look for an 80 year old plumber to do me some soldered joints? The logistics of dismantling the kitchen/floors/ceiling/house to replace everything in copper at the moment are prohibitive although it will get done when the kitchen is refitted. Appreciate your replies
Reply to
wounded horse

No point in looking for someone to do wiped joints as this is no longer allowed,especially on potable water supplies. You can get a suitable connector for the size you want but you;ll need to go to a proper plumbers merchants. Yes they are relaiable if fitted correctly.

Have a look here for clues

antispam and add 670 after bra to email

Be a good Global citizen-CONSUME>CONFORM>OBEY

Circumcision- A crime and an abuse.

time buyers strike

Sign the petition at .....

tarquinlinbin

You can't do a wiped joint from lead to copper? Can anyone explain this nonsense?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I used one some time ago to go to 15mm in that case and had to take down the OS diam of the lead to get a comfortable fit. Take the OS measurement to your plumbing supplier to get the best approximation. Mine are exceptionally helpful.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Pandy

expensive.

BTW, FFS fix your signature - I initially thought I was replying to the wrong message.

Reply to
nog

Look up the Water Regs. 1999. There is a schedule to Reg 4 -"good fittings".

  1. - (1) Subject to sub-paragraph (2) below, no material or substance, either alone or in combination with any other material or substance or with the contents of any water fitting of which it forms a part, which causes or is likely to cause contamination of water shall be used in the construction, installation, renewal, repair or replacement of any water fitting which conveys or receives, or may convey or receive, water supplied for domestic or food production purposes.

Note the little word 'repair'. You can still solder to lead if you wish on the non-mains pipes.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Have a look at part number 13546 and similar on

conversion fittings are available in a variety of sizes and will do a range of pipe sizes each.

Reply to
John Rumm