Lead Shot?

Just taken up Scuba Diving and was alarmed at the price of the weight belts / harnesses complete with weights. Anyone know of a good source of about

20kg of lead shot? Cheapest I've found is £89 delivered.

Regards

SantaUK

Reply to
SantaUK

Local church roof? :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

lead has to be one of the easiest metals to work with, so why not make your own? you can melt scrap lead in any old saucepan and pour it into moulds made from sand. It's easily cut (for the slots etc and finished with a wire brush to remove excess

I'd wager that a large portion of the £89 you've been quoted is for delivery.

Reply to
Phil L

Does it have to be lead shot?

2 chainsaws and a 9" angle grinder would be the traditional uk.d-i-y answer for 20kg of ballast.
Reply to
Steve Walker

lol - all in the DIY spirit of things!

Reply to
SantaUK

Wonder if SWMBO would love me to be melting some lead! The delivery piece was £8!

Thanks anyway

Regards

SantaUK

Reply to
SantaUK

why not call local scrappie

NT

Reply to
NT

Amazing how you get out of the water with 20k lead plus the tanks!

Could you fashion a wrap around from flashing?

Spamlet

Trust me you really want shot

rather than lumps of lead on a belt
as the former is far more comfortable as it conforms itself to you. Also if you drop it you are somewhat less likely to break toes.

Cheers

Mark

Mark Spice

The difficulty is building a tall-enough shot tower innit.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Well if you followed The Medway Handymans suggestion you are actually high enough to do that.

Cheers

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I'd _never_ follow that guy's suggestions - he advocates the universal use of some stuff commonly known as "WD-40".

;-)

Reply to
Frank Erskine

You just wait till the revolution - your name is top of the list :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

You just wait till the revolution - your name is top of the list :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I just put hooks on these large lead balls.

will be able to guess what they are for! (Nothing to do with fishing)

Reply to
Matty F

The world's least effective Newton's cradle?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Nobody worry. All the guns will be gunged up with WD-40.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I knew somebody would say that! They are counterweights to take up the slack in the cords that are used to pull down tram poles.

Reply to
Matty F

I thought they were robot testicles

Reply to
geoff

Damn I was going to say counter weights for a cord, I was thinking of the tensioning the passenger operated "ding ding" cord. But having to guess the size and coming up with about 1 1/2" dia decided that they would be bit heavy for that.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice