Lava Lamp - snowstorm problem

My daughter is a little bit (:-O) annoyed that her younger brother had shaken her Lava lamp and now it looks like a snow storm! (sigh). Just leaving it to settle doesn't seem to have worked. Is there an way to get the blobs to re-form into big blobs again? I thought maybe a centrifuge,... then again...

Reply to
mike

Have you tried switching it on for a while to melt the blobs of wax together?

Zizz

They`re filled with wax and oil I think... what happens when its up to temperature - does the wax still stay "snowflaked" ?

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Lavalite website care instructions: Don't Move or Shake your Lava® brand motion lamp while the Lava® blobs are "WARM"! This will cause your Lava® brand motion lamp to become cloudy and permanently malfunction!

and

So you've gone and done it; you've shaken your lava lamp, and what you've got now is a cloudy mess that you can barely see amorphous lumps moving around in. Everyone tells you it's screwed.

I say: Not So!

Suz

Same happened with mine, just left it on a few hours and all was well again

Phil S.

Reply to
manoman

Reply to
Angela

Worked second time round!

Reply to
Angela

It works for me....but you need a lava lamp to read the page...horrible contrast!

Reply to
Bob Eager

the replacement cartridges are availble from the mathmos web site at about £19.00 each

Reply to
Jason N Beck

No solution. Buy a new bottle from Mathmos, assuming its a mathmos lava lamp and not one of those cheap imitations. Richard

Reply to
Richard