laser levels

is it worth buying a cheap one (where from ?) or are they cheap enough to hire for 3 or

4 separate jobs spanning 12+ months ?

thanks

Les

Reply to
in2minds

Slightly OT - are these things dangerous. I have heard stories that these laser levels can burn out your eyeballs. True or myth?

Thanks,

J.

Reply to
John Smith

Staring into the beam for more than a few seconds will cause permanent damage, same as staring at the sun, or at a halogen bulb at close range.

Poking your eyball with a pencil will also cause permanent damage. All those activities fall into the "best avoided" category.

Reply to
Grunff

I have just bought a cheapie but haven't used it yet. 15 quid from costco.

mrcheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

Same as any level then as you check those by reversing also. Is there no adjustment?

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Nope.

Reply to
Peter Parry

Right. Be fine as a spark's tool, then.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

I see Wickes are doing a kit for either £30 or £40, can't remember which.

Sean

Reply to
Sean Delere

I bought one from Aldi last month for 19.95ukp don't know if you'd still be able to find one at one of their stores.... Aldi/Lidl are really good for cheap, occasional-use DIY tools.

Cheers, MArk

Reply to
m.darbey

Reply to