Lamp shade ratings and CFL

I have some Status 14W SES (SES as high as 14W are hard to find). They came from Poundland around 18 months ago (don't do them anymore). Some have developed an inability to hot-restart, but other than that, their performance is very good - achieving quite long life so far with no notiacble drop in light output. I must look in Morrisons to see if they do this size.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Yes. Just a bit more nonsense that this crap technology has thrown up to confuse the general public. As an aside, I believe that there was a heated debate in the US senate about CFLs last week ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

After realising that the 30W was about unity on PF (I tested it to see if it complied), I 'phoned Status re. the PF. Unfortunately the lower wattages aren't corrected and, as I've never bought any, I don't know what they're like.

Reply to
PeterC