Labor Cost for ....

I known this be very difficult to answer but I was wondering how does it sound £2,500.00 for

1) Complete Tiling of bathroom floor and wall 2) Redecoration and Tiling Kitchen floor fixing wall cabinets and work top 3) Replaster the Skimming landing ceiling and striping old wall paper and putting up new one (Complete Redocration of Landing) 4) Lead flushing roof and re-pointing the chimney

This is the cost of labour only all material and ladder to be provided by me.

I known I am asking a very difficult question here but does it sound reasonable? Is it cheap? Many Thankse

Reply to
Mo Thanku

I'm paying £1,600.00 labour only for stripping out a bathroom, floor to ceiling tiling on all walls, floor tiling, fitting new suite and towel rad.

Ash

Reply to
Ash

All except skimming the landing ceiling should be within normal d-i-y skills (or do you say "home improvement"?). You will need a platform or multi-purpose ladder and, probably, an assistant, to repaper your landing

Reply to
Jan Wysocki

Yes of course they are - but obviously the OP has decided for whatever reason not to do the jobs themselves.

on the info here it sounds ok, possibly even on the cheap side. - best way to judge reasonableness is to get some other quotes

Reply to
chris French

It was just a gentle hint to the OP to ponder the nature of this news group.

So we agree, this is not a matter for the NG, it's time to get more quotes.

Reply to
Jan Wysocki

And a perusal of threads would soon indicate a steady flow of those which aren't about diy. In the absence of a better newsgroups to post them to I have no problem with that.

Not quite, I'm happy for this to be discussed here if other feel they have something to add

Reply to
chris French

In message , Mo Thanku writes

This is a DIY NG, so why don't you do it yourself

(with the possible exception of the skimming and chimney work)

Reply to
raden

In message , chris French writes

So why are they asking in a DIY NG ?

Reply to
raden

In message , raden writes

For the same reason I asked a question yesterday about warm air heating

- with absolutely no DIY content at all, for the same reason someone else posted regarding a house price/buying question - diy content? - Just two examples.

This group has lots of people with a wide variety of experience is 'housey/construction' matters and as a rule they are happy to share that without nitpicking over whether or not something is strictly on topic for 'diy'. If there was another newsgroup to cover such things then there would eb an argument for directing them elsewhere, seeing as AFAIK there isn't then uk.d-i-y seems a good place for them

Reply to
chris French

In message , chris French writes

I see the two as being very different