Labels that have poor glue

I used to get all my labels from Able, but the latest batch seem to only want to stick to paper, not pvc or shiny cards etc. I tried printing my own with A4 label stock and they won't stick on anything but paper either.
Is this some kind of conspiracy? Is there anyone making labels you can ask for custom printing on that will stick to a pvc padded wallet which is smooth but, well pvc.
Brian
--
----- -
On 28/07/2017 17:42, Brian Gaff wrote:

Not sure, but there are adhesives and there are adhesives. The manufacturer uses the one specified by the customer.
back in my med lab technician days, the labels we used in the blood bank had an adhesive that allowed them to be stuck onto units of blood right out of the fridge, with condensation on top of the plasticky bag itself which even bone dry repelled all normal sticky labels.
On 28/07/2017 17:42, Brian Gaff wrote:

I use a roll of sticky address labels from Ryman and they stick to most things.
PVC has a plasticiser which may be the problem in hot weather ?. Maybe give them quick wipe with screen cleaner first ?. Would also remove dust which your eyesight may have missed.
Well I don't think its either of those as we have tried all those ideas. Its almost as if the actual glue has changed.
The need is for a lot of them printed to order. Are you saying you can get these rolls pre printed with custom data? Interestingly we have some thermal labels for making bar codes which will stick fine its just that thermal labels aare expensive though the printers are cheap, and also they fade if the user puts the pouch on a radiator or in the sun for a long time. Brian
--
----- -
Printed to order, try these people: https://www.stickythings.co.uk/
"Brian Gaff" wrote in message

On 29/07/2017 09:24, Brian Gaff wrote:

Yup, the supplier we used for blood bank labels knew all about this problem. They had a variety of adhesive types for different applications.
Labels for freezer bags have an equally tenacious adhesive.