Kitchen worktop corners: Pro-joint

I am installing a new kitchen based on Homebase units. Homebase used to offer a nice easy way of doing corner joints on worktops using a product called "pro-joint":

to the law of sod, they have just this instant stopped selling this product and the manufacturer has also stopped making it. I have read a few posts on this group and the web at large about the expense and difficulty of either mitre or router constructed joints. Has anybody heard of another manufacturer that produces a "pro-joint" or similar product to save me from this hassle?

Peter

Reply to
Peter Saffrey

On the site you reference, there is a button labelled "Retail Links". If you click on this, it will ask for your postcode - and will then attempt to find local suppliers. It came up with 3 within a few miles of where I live, but I haven't contacted any of them to see whether they *really* sell it!

Reply to
Set Square

The alloy strip was available from s/fix when they deign to open up. I presume it still will be.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

It's not quite the same as a flush joint, though, is it?!

Reply to
Set Square

Our local Homebase has just enlarged and re-furbished itself and the display stand for this stuff was one of the new items. Not particularly cheap I thought....

Why not look for a local worktop supplier? - The guy I've just used [1] supplied the worktop (2 x 4.1m) cut 3 joints (25 gbp each inc. biscuits and bolts) to my measurements and delivered it at the agreed time in manageble lengths. Very convenient (cf Buying/hiring a router and jig and doing it myself, especially as I've never used a router before - I didn't think this was a good project to learn on :o))

Alan

[1] Terry Wilson, Balmoral Rd, Northampton. Highly recommended...
Reply to
Alan Vann

Thank you all for your responses.

I put my postcode into the "retail finder" thing and called the 3 shops listed. None of them had heard of pro-joint, or sold a pre-cut corner joint.

I am indeed looking for a proper router-style corner joint, and not just a flat connection and a metal strip.

I am most interested in Alan's idea of using a local worktop supplier who cuts the joints for me before delivery. What is the best way of locating such a supplier? Using scoot.co.uk, most of the kitchen categories are either complete kitchen services, or the giant DIY stores, none of which do this pre-cutting (or indeed stock pro-joint anymore, including Homebase). I'm guessing I am looking for an actual kitchen shop, rather than a joiner or whatever...?

Thanks,

Peter

Reply to
Peter Saffrey

Where are you located? I got mine done by Stantons, Weybridge, Surrey who did two joins, a rounded breakfast bar end and the edging. Far bigger choice of worktops too, though the cost is more than the sheds.

Try your YP under kitchens.

Reply to
Tony Bryer