Chipboard Worktop woes!!!

Anyone any bright ideas on the following tale of grief!.

Been installing a replacement kitchen in my parents old house and before the Christmas "shutdown" had very carefully spent some time preparing two worktops with a very carefully cut "masons mitre", all very neat etc.

Went back there today, and the pipe that takes the drainage from the condensing boiler had come apart slightly so that some water had trickled down and instead of running away harmlessly across to the front of the worktop, had yes you've guessed!, made its way into the as yet untightned joint which of course has now swollen up and has a mismatch in size!.

Anyone any bright ideas on how to sort this without replacing both bits and cutting them including all the other openings etc?....

TIA:)....

Reply to
tony sayer

I think in principle, if you heat to 150C, and clamp firmly, this can be fixed. However. In practice, when I was faced with a similar (not quite as bad) problem, I took a dremel, and cut away the swelled chips from under the laminate, leaving the laminate intact. In my case, there was no reason to build it up again, as the unsupported laminate was only a mm or so. However, in principle, you could make the joint good with a bit of greased MDF to hold in an extramite/sawdust mix while it sets.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Tony

Put a nice kitchen plant over it..