Kitchen wall cabinets

A mate just phoned me to say he was at his son's house and a wall cabinet was loose due to the adjustable bracket being loose on the cabinet.

He couldn't see how it was attached. I looked at mine and there are two obvious screws. What are the alternatives?

Hopefully I can get him a response whilst he is having his lunch!

Reply to
John

Screws hidden under a hindged plastic cover?

Reply to
AlanD

I can't remember how the brackets are fittted to the cabinet ...It's been so long since I fitted them ...it might need taking down to sort it properly as it might be attached from the back of the cabinet . ..

I just looked at one of mine and there are four screws .Two under a folding cover which faces the front and two visible ones on the inner side but I believe these are just to adust the fit of the cabinet and to secure it to the bracket on the wall which it hooks on to .

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

Are you sure that it's a problem with the cabinet itself, and not with the wall bracket?

Many cabinets use brackets which have to be screwed to the wall before the cabinet is fitted. The fittings in the cabinet then hook onto the wall brackets, and there are some screws to twiddle to fine-tune the height and alignment.

In order to check whether a wall bracket had come loose, the cabinet would have to be lifted off its brackets.

Reply to
Roger Mills

There is a adjuster in each top corner, sometimes covered by a prise off plastic cap. Remove that if present. The two screws facing you are for adjustment, the adjuster is fixed to the cabinet with two screws fron the side.

If the adjuster is coming away from the cabinet wall, use longer screws if the wall ajoins another cabinet.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

It turned out to be the adjustable block in the cupboard that was damaged and not locating properly in a dowel hole.

Reply to
John