Kitchen Sink Question

I've just had my kitchen fitted. It looks good but the sink is off centre of the cabinet by about 1 cm. Is there anything I can do? Is there any wriggle room or would I have to buy a wider sink and get that fitted? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Ed

There's almost no wiggle room. A few mm, usually. Are there flexible connectors on the taps, at least?

What does the fitter think?

A photo?

It might be cheaper to get CBT?

Reply to
GB

I think the answer is "that depends":

Is the cutout in the worktop wide enough to allow for a different position?

Do the sides of the cabinet (or any other cross members or bracing) prevent the bowl moving nearer to where you would like it?

If both the above are true, is the flange on the sink wide enough to cover enough gap with the sink in a different position.

Lastly can you loosen the clips that hold it in place?

If yes to all the above, then "yes"

Reply to
John Rumm

There's usually only a few mm of wiggle room.

Reply to
GB

I only just spotted it today after he'd gone. He's back tomorrow so I'll see what he says then.

Reply to
Ed

Haha, you are as bad as me!

Our 1000mm sink base is under a window and I had a hard time deciding whether to have the sink (roughly 850mm) lining up nicely with the unit or window. I went for window in the end so it's a good 5cm off in the base.

If it's any consolation I couldn't remember what i'd decided so had to get up and take a look, so it's plainly stopped bugging me.

Reply to
R D S