Kitchen question - what are these ?

I have been assembling a new (budget) kitchen, equipped with Ignis appliances. After a "day's" work I had 4 of these left over:

Can anyone tell me what they are for and where I should place them? They look like bits from the dishwasher; handles perhaps, but for what ? Thanks Rob

Reply to
Rob

Some kind of a shim?

Reply to
harryagain

They look to me like they could be hand-protection grips that might have been supplied wrapped around the open/sharp edge of either some sheet metal item or a sheet-glass item, so you could lift/carry the thing without cutting your hand.

Reply to
Jeremy Nicoll - news posts

Donno, the wide gap looks like it would fit onto the edge of a board making up the units. But why the curved other edge?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

You could be right with this. I've just been taking the fronts off metal drawers to put on to 'wooden' ones and there are some smooth plastic covers over sharp bits. Don't look anything like that, but aren't 'customer-facing'.

Reply to
PeterC

Op zondag 2 februari 2014 09:52:08 UTC+1 schreef PeterC:

Well, I thought I would get a shaming reply like, "how did you install XXXX WITHOUT those ?" I am trying to think of what might have needed hand-protection when it was carried. I will visit the store where I bought/ordered the kitchen and see if they know. (BTW Yes,Phil L, oxyalis - I could control them in free ground, but between paving cracks . . . um !) Greetings, Rob

Reply to
lanterfant505

Would they clip on to dishwasher baskets as flip down handles?

Reply to
Bob Minchin

More probably lifting hand grips on the cardboard cartons that the appliances came in, especially if they were heavy.

Reply to
alan

As the small side is closed, I don't think they are intended to clip over anything. Assuming that the slot shaped hole on the right runs right through the body, it looks to me as though a cord should pass through it and, when pulled to the left, be pinched and held by the two horns on the end. As to why you would need to do that on a kitchen unit, I have no idea.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Wait until St Patrick's Day, pick them and take them to an Irish Pub, give them out with small safety pins so people can pin them to their lapels; -you'll be plied with Guinness!

Reply to
Chris Holford

If anyone is remotely interested in solved mysteries, this one is solved. It turns out that these strangely-shaped bits of grey plastic are cutlery drawer dividers. see

Whereas most of the kitchen gear is distinctly under-engineered, these pieces are surprisingly over-engineered. Keen viewers will detect a familiar work-in-progress scene at the top of the photo, including coffee in a glass. Have a good day.

Reply to
lanterfant505