Kingfisher extends graduate programme for 2013

"They will gain first-hand knowledge of the systems and processes and how omnichannel retailing has become a major focus across the group".

That's B&Q totally f***ed then.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

"Omnichannel retailing" = Having a shop and a website. Dear god, can't people talk clearly any more?

Reply to
Scott M

Quite. I think you mean having a shop that's overpriced & doesn't have what you want & a web site that's useless. :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

;-) Mind you, B&Q is still miles ahead of Homebase and long gone Great Mills, Texas, DoItAll (and any others I've forgotten.)

Reply to
Scott M

Wasn't Great Mills actually Focus in the end?

(I picked up a few bargains in the closing down sale)

Reply to
Stephen

No the makers of Thesauruses have a lot to naswer for. There should be a usage flag on the words really.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I like the way many sites tell you where an item still is in stock, supposedly near you but its usually not anywhere near you and if you go there they have not got it. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Perhaps they are meaning more than shop + website. B&Q ladies (or gentlemen) coming round to show you their latest products in your home? B&Q coffee mornings where the local representative pushes your arm way up your back to make you buy at least something? B&Q vans doomed to circle the country forever stopping off to deliver or demonstrate their products? B&Q cold-callers frapping our front doors and offering their special offer daffodils to plant in the garden covered by B&Q concrete paving.

Phew! Sorry folk, must have had a nightmare...

Reply to
polygonum

"d'you want batteries with that?"

Owain