Kew Pressure Washer problem ... update (2023 Update)

Ok, cos ur lonely :) Don't have one, never used one. But have tinkered with my pressure washer... Can you not try and lubricate the part or does it need replacement. If it's metal, try leaving it to soak in petrol over night. Plastic? Then try silicone grease/ spray... They sell it for clipping guttering together and it's useful stuff... works wonderfully on curtain tracks ( top tip there)

Good luck. Deano

Reply to
Dean Heighington

Nice to meet you.

The valve is not sticking, if anything, opening too easily. I am no up on the ins & out's (pun intended) of it but others on here seemed to have a grasp of what should or not be happening. Thanks though as my curtain rails are now supersonic.

Reply to
Z Fell

Tried an extra spring and stretched the original.....still pulsing. I will probably shim tomorrow to reduce spring space and add pressure even tyhough poster warned it could cause valve damage-though I can't follow why.

Reply to
A Z

Tried a stronger extra spring and sometimes it's nearly continuous but puls= es again, similar frequency. I find it difficult to believe the spring coul= d have lost that much resistance just sitting there. I am off to check the = street stop c*ck is full on though maybe not as there is already enough pre= ssure to open the valve so it has to be back pressure from the nozzle. I ha= ve taken the nozzle off numerous times and clean the hole with the ill advi= sed wire. My only recourse appears to be to open the hole up further =3D le= ss pressure, problem solved. OMG I ma talking to myself. Do I have to be a = Mason? I have rolled up my trouser leg, though I am not wearing them! Stood= here stark naked covered in Swarfega and Custard and self harming with a s= ink plunger singing Ace of Spades as my lodge requires. Oh I get it, I'm no= t a tranny.......sorry.

Reply to
al darn

Totally dissembled nozzle removing and cleaning the jet which was not full = screwed in and 'reamed' with larger diameter wire. Increased the valve spri= ng strength. Slightly better but still pulses into off. I wish I could und= erstand the actual workings of the valve but it has numerous apertures. I t= hink I will jam it closed next (final) attempt. Am I right in assuming that= any sticking will probably be in the working mode and similarly lack of lu= brication. The spring force maintains flow and only insufficient force allo= ws loss of flow?

Reply to
a darn

OK

have the same unit for years and have the same problems periodically. Just replace the 4 o ring and give it a good blow out with compressor. The resea l using good grease and high presto works every time. Done this about 4 tim es in the last 2 years . Good Luck Noel

Reply to
noelhynes10

Hi Rick. I have had the same type of problem that you are having down to a tee, For me I found the problem in the nozzle at the very end of the lance, I stripp ed it down and in the center there is a tiny hole that can be partially blo cked, I was Gob smacked because I thought the high pressure would have blow n any small blockage out but I was wrong in thinking that. lol I used what the call a Primus Pricker to clean out the hole also making sure the two li ttle flat jet control plates were not all bent to hell, Its all beyond me h ow that nozzle works but it did do the trick, For me I get that problem cro pping up about every couple of years but at least now I know what to do abo ut it, I sure do this helps you in your quest to solve your problem. Peter :-)

Reply to
englishpeter

As the original post is dated 2011, I should think he's fixed it by now.

Why don't people who use Google Groups read the first line of posts where it shows the date of posting? I've just checked it's clearly visible.

Reply to
The Other John

because they are the people who use google.

Reply to
F Murtz

I was just going to say, surely by now the person has either fixed it orbought something else. anyone who puts up with a problem like that for several years must not really need to own a pressure washer!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Thanks for comment - but as it's same with 3 different end nozzles it must be something else .... I stripped out pressure head, cleaned all ... and it's better ,, surging only happens occasionally now.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Partially fixed it ... enough to get on with using it, when it surges .... last a few minutes then clears .... so strip down seems to have helped.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

replying to The Medway Handyman, Curtis wrote: I have a 30CA Compact Pressure Washer with probably less than 20hrs on it. Was working fine then began shutting off after 15 seconds or so. Can cycle it back on with the on/off switch but condition persists. Inlet screen is clear, pressure shut off switch is OK and motor rotates smoothly. The run capacitor is getting hot along with the start relay attached to it. The start relay cover is slightly warped from getting hot. All connections seem to be clean and solid. Trying to narrow down a bad contactor block, start relay or old capacitor. The unit was made in 98' or 99'.

Reply to
Curtis

Thermal overload tripping?

Reply to
David Lang

Don't see any indication of one on any of the diagrams. The question at hand is why the run capacitor and starter relay are heating up so quickly after only running for such a short period of time. Motor fan spins easily with only a small amount of resistance, no doubt from the shaft seal and pump impeller. No corrosion on the motor at all. Lousy current flow somewhere might heat things up? It ran fine with intermittent use for about 30 minutes, full pressure, positive shut-off with release of the trigger, etc. It sat for a while and then began the short bursts and shut down.

Reply to
Curtis

Many thanks for this post ....I have a 30 year old kew hobby pro and was about to dump it... then thought about recycling and reusing... so I found this site and fixed it. All I did was to turn the dump valve screw 1/4 turn clockwise and it goes well! I just need a new pressure gauge or find out if they are repairable?

Reply to
David Evans

replying to Rick Hughes, Andy2e0bns wrote: Lookingto find out what oil kew hobby pressure washers use

Reply to
Andy2e0bns

replying to Rick Hughes, Johnny Tan wrote: Hi, I had a similar problem with my KEW HOBBY 80. In my case, I solved this problem by servicing the nozzle of my lance. I found out that the nozzle had two sets of jets..one for the regular pressure bypassing the pump and the other at high pressure. I carefully cleaned out all the holes in the nozzle and recovered the high pressure jet,, YMMV Hope this helps. Incidentally, do you know where I can still find a fan for the KEW HOBBY 80?

Reply to
Johnny Tan

replying to Rick Hughes, Gareth wrote: Hi Rick, great photos, I have a similar problem with my Kew pressure washer. I cant get the covers off despite removing the 2 screws at the top and having the blue cover loose it appears to be catching on something inside?

Reply to
Gareth

Den lördag 2 juli 2011 kl. 22:03:47 UTC+2 skrev Rick Hughes:

I have a KewHobby 100 who works for around 4minutes then it sounds like the motor working harder and it stops. I switch it off and after a few minutes I can work for a minute or two before it repetes over and over again!

Is the motor overheated and a fuse disconnect it? No oil in the pumphouse?

Reply to
bengt190