Keston Boilers Advce

I have a large house as well as an adjoining annex. Our Builder is recommending a Keston C40. Does anyone one have any experience of these boilers?! I will be having UFH as well as DHW Cylinder. What is their backup like / Performance.

I have always thought Worcester to be the best. Is there a website or study of this range of boilers and its equivalents?

Sidkney

Reply to
SidKnee

English and win awards; see

Gel

I've fitted one. It works. I would say they are on a level with Worcester-Bosch they are probably not as good as some very expensive makes.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

That's a Keston PR release about a trade award for their rig system.

I needed a big boiler and looked closely at Keston's C40, Atag's Blauwe Engel, the Viessmann Vitodens 300, and the MAN Heiztechnik EC38. After speaking to all the manufacturers, I felt that Viessmann offered the best technical support (followed by Keston).

I then went to a trade exhibition to see the the Vitodens 300, EC38 and C40. The first two had excellent build quality, the C40 was poor by comparison (and the rep on the stand knew nothing about it!) In the end I chose the Vitodens 300 which is being installed next month.

I heard on the grapevine that the Keston C40 flue is noisy compared with other boilers, although I can't confirm this personally. I did want to buy British, but didn't feel confident enough about the Keston.

Reply to
Pandora

"Ed Sirett" wrote

Which ones would you say are BETTER than the Keston C40?

Sidkney

Reply to
SidKnee

If you want RR quality you can get it. Eco-Homtec (MAN), Viessmman, Quantum (in Burnley), Archie Kidd (Wiltshire). Boulter Buderus, owned by Bosch, make good boilers too, and not silly money either.

Glow Worm, owned and made by Vaillant, I reckon are slightly better than Worcester-Bosch and Keston. The Keston C40 has an integrated weather compensator, which is handy.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

AFAIK it an add on extra. It essentially consists of a thermistor in a circular electrical JB. Since the OP is intending use for under-floor heating low flow temperatures of the C40 as delivered won't be a problem.

The DHW temp is separate from the CH temp.

Reply to
Ed Sirett