Boulter Buderus Boilers - Comments Please

Hi all

Believe I have finally found an installer to carry out re-works on 1970s dump central heating system! They initially mentioned Boulter Buderus boilers but then took Worcester on board when I mentioned them.

Does anyone have experience of the Buderus to know how reliable etc they are? A number of installers have been criticising Worcester for poor back up, so may allegiance may be misplaced and based on past rather than current performance and product quality.

Comments gratefully received

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

dump?

Go for it. Excellent. If there is service backup in your area then go for it.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

AIUI Worcester and Boulter Buderus are now one company.

I have just bought a Boulter Buderus boiler one which I am in the process of installing. As I wanted a wall hung oil fired boiler that would work with a conventional flue my choice was limited.

The boiler uses a Riello burner - like many others. This is the part most like to be the source of any problems, particularly for a non condensing boiler, which mine is.

Reply to
Michael Chare

That they are, but still act as two separate companies. The products are still very different..until rebadging starts in a big way.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

AIUI Boulter Buderus are an amalgamation of 2 companies: one which has been established in the UK for some time and makes oil-fired boilers, and another which is of continental European origian and does condensing gas boilers.

Reply to
John Stumbles

Yep. And Bosch bought it out. So bye, bye to the advanced designs Buderus had.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel