Joist hangers for carport

Aah - that's why then....

Still miss the ability to order from them - they did have quite a range - and delivery (in the UK) was usually pretty fast....

Ah well - there are compensations, he said... ...like the lovely summery weather (looking out at the gale force winds and driving rain in West Cork right now )

One of the great and slightly surprising things about using 'bricks and mortar' suppliers out here, rather than online suppliers, is their willingness to sell you the amount of something that you need - rather than sticking to some pre-ordained 'pack isze' or multiple.

Our local place happily sold me 2ft of 3/4" copper pipe, when I needed to make a slight adjustment to the siting of the bath, and they also sold me 3ft of a particular UPVC profile. What a refreshing change.

Had to chuckle at the other place though - I wanted 20m of 2.5mm T&E cable - the dear girl carefully counted twenty metre lengths - measured on the old 'tip of my fingers to the tip of my nose' scale....and then threw in two extra 'lengths' for good luck ! Lovely !

Regards Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

The message from Adrian contains these words:

For me half a span is close to 3 feet and if I turn my head the other way I can just about manage 1 metre but I would be surprised if the typically sized woman* would get within inches of it. 20 metres divided by 22 is 35.8 inches so the chances are you didn't get 20 metres unless her head was turned or the wire was slack.

*There is a supposed rule of thumb that span and height are similar but it is only a rough guideline.
Reply to
Roger

Trust me - she wasn't 'typically sized'.... (I nearly bought another 20m - just for the fun of it !)

Regards Adrian

Reply to
Adrian