joining strip for hardboard

what is the proper name for the joining strip used to join sheets of hardboard called a sort of 'H' section? Often seen on the back panels of flat pack furniture. Also any ideas for suppliers? Why? well I need some lengths in black to join panels in a VW van I'm helping to fit out. Thanks Steve

https://secure.mkmplastics.com/products.php/cat/6/PHPSESSID/c4493b379c16e506108b751c260562a4
Or google on 'plastic extrusions'
--
*If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate *

replying to scm, Fred M wrote: Its been some time since you're question but I am replying anyway as it may help others looking for this product. Let me say Ive had quite a job to find it without buying large quantities and paying delivery charges etc. I needed 10 metres of the stuff. Its called Ariel Hygiene 'H' section joint trim. I got mine from Transtools Ltd Hunmanby Industrial Estate Bridlington Rd Hunmanby North Yorks. About £6 for a 2.4 metre length. I don't know if they will deliver to the rest of the world so to speak but what is useful to know is that they are pvcu suppliers . Their stuff isn't really made for hardboard but for pvc trim on buildings. Its actually 2.5 mm deep but it takes 3mm hardboard no problem. They will tell you where they get theirs from or you can try a pvc supplier instead of searching for 'hardboard joint strip' as I did. Hope this helps someone out there.
Yes back in the day this stuff used to be everywhere in all sorts of patterns but mostly still white or black. A shop no longer in business called Transatlantic plastics used to sell loads of it, and the decorative hardboard called laconite so you could make all sorts of things with some wood and glue. Brian
--
----- -
Often used to join back panel in flat-pack furniture.