Joining 2 things with different thread/bolt sizes

Erk ! I hadn't considered the possibility of the whole stand sliding around. (I've always had carpets.) The mags used to recommend that, if you had bare wooden floors or the like, that you put permanent screws down into the floor with some sort of "hole" in the head (perhaps a posidriv head or the like), and locate the spikes in those.

Or, give your speakers wee booties:

"On the other hand, you also have 5 fingers."

Reply to
John Laird

Hi John, I did have my HiFi stand's spikes in those spike-seat thingies. The problem I always found was that, with speakers, you could not easily reposition them once the spikes were seated - it required one person to hold the 22kg speaker just off the ground while the other person moved the seats around while trying not getting impaled by the clumsy lifter. The wooden feet/spikes I'm trying to install look ideal. I did have concrete floors and carpet at the last house so spikes there weren't a problem.

Keith

Reply to
KD

Hi all, Thanks for all the tips. I've decided just to use another 6mm threaded insert in the base of the speakers I think that this is by far the simplest way to do it for someone like me.

Thanks once again, Keith

P.S. At least I've got a new tap and die set should I ever need one ??!

Reply to
KD

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 17:30:37 +0100, "KD" mused:

Wish I had one of those. I've got loads of other crap bought for jobs that I didn't really need though. I'm sure if members of ul.d-i-y had a swap meet everyone would manage to acquire everything they want and get rid of all their useless crap at the same time!

Reply to
Lurch